Hi, my name is Estevan. I'm a Brazilian full stack developer working as a freelancer and creating open source software.
I started coding for the web at the age of 13, with Microsoft Frontpage. In 6+ years of technical career (after changing from International Business) I have worked in a wide range of domains such as unique website experiences at agencies, e-learning platforms, and design. It all sums up helping me talk with everybody inside a project, from design to backend.
Work with me
I'm highly motivated, good humoured, independent and a team-player. I also love sharing my knowledge and try my best to document my experiences and help others.
I'm good at
- Design systems and component libraries (example)
- Performance optimization/profiling
- Documenting code
- Learning new tech
- Open source
Here you can find my latest contributions:
- Windmill UI: I'm very proud of the suite created around Windmill.
- Windmill Dashboard HTML: accessible (developed with a screen reader), dark theme, no dependencies.
- Windmill Dashboard React: accessible (developed with a screen reader), dark theme, best practices.
- Windmill React UI: a component library that powers the above dashboard, with a deep focus in accessibility and themes, using Tailwind CSS.
- Tailwind Multi Theme: Tailwind CSS plugin for fast development of dark mode (and more) themes.
- Rome Frontend: Accessiblity audit and fixes.
Current preferred stack
You can read in detail how I applied each of these technologies in Unna Tech case study, where I built a courses platform:
- React Context API over Redux (worked with it in the past)
- Tailwind CSS (also worked with Bootstrap/Sass for 5 years)
- Mongo DB
- NVDA (screen reader)
We should work together if you're looking for somebody with these characteristics (or if you're interested in anything I made for this project):
- EST timezone
- Fullstack developer with stronger frontend skills
- +3 years of React experience, worked with Redux in the past but now preferring Context API.
- 2 years of Jest and TDD
- 2 years of Next.js
- Recent experience with Alpine.js
- Tailwind CSS (contributor and plugin creator) or Bootstrap
- Thinking about accessibility as a top priority in UX (I usually work with a screen reader)
- Travis CI
- I've also worked in the past with: Vue, Styled Components, Gatsby, Redux, SQL Server, Angular, Firebase, C#, .NET
- Can communicate with designers
- Creative and with good writing skills
- Speak Portuguse, English, Spanish and a bit of Italian
- I've learned some German words so I can understand Sebastian Vettel's rants and talk with my cats: Diese katze hat probleme and Mein Gott, muss das sein?!